STAFF & STUDENTS WELFARE
The welfare schemes available for teaching and non-teaching staff include-
- Group Insurance.
- Financial assistance to teaching and non-teaching staff without any interest.
- Karnataka State Teachers Benefit Fund.
- 15 Days casual leave.
- 45 Days Maternity leave.
- Employees State Insurance.
- Leave for marriage of the staff with pay.
- Staff Welfare Fund.
- Organizing a one day trip/picnic annually.
- Festival advance without interest.
- Uniform & shoes for attainders, security guards and sweepers.
- Employees Provident Fund.
Measures taken by the Institution for attracting and retaining eminent faculty include-
- Attractive Salary with regular increments.
- Staff Welfare Schemes.
- Flexible working hours and a congenial environment.
- Best staff of the year award instituted from the academic year 2012-13, with Best Staff of the Year Award Trophy, Shawl, an Appreciation letter from the Hon’ble Chairman of the HKBK Group of Institution’s and a Cash award worth Rs. 10,000.00 is awarded by the Chief Guest of the Annual College Day function in presence of all the students, staff members, parents, media & guests.
- Complete support and assistance is provided to the faculty for pursuing their higher studies. Their leave of absence is treated as “Official-On-Duty”.
Maximum deserving staff (Teaching & Non-Teaching Staff members) have availed the benefits of such schemes in the last five years.
- The Management also conducts a survey annually through reliable sources among all the Colleges in the vicinity of this Institution and takes the input of those sources with regard to the facilities provided and the fees charged by those Institutions for the courses they offer in their Institutions. After receiving the complete information, the Management analyses taking a cautious decision while fixing the most affordable fee structure for the courses that it offers. By fixing such low fee structure with the maximum facilities in the Institution, the students are provided the best quality of education at a low cost while also reducing the financial burden of their parents.
- The Management conducts a survey annually through reliable sources among all the Colleges in the vicinity of this Institution and takes the input of those sources with regard to the percentage of marks in the qualifying examination obtained by the prospective student in their Institution. Through such surveys it has been found that many Institutions have fixed a certain percentage of marks above the minimum qualifying marks (35%) as prescribed by the Affiliated Bangalore University in their previous qualifying examination for admission in their Institutions.
Economically-Weaker Sections of the Society:
The Institution helps students those who are below average to get good education, the Institution provides ample opportunity to the students for making the payment of their course annual fees to our Institution in equal EMI, which will reduce the financial burden on the parents. At the time of taking admission in the Institution, the parents and students are given the choice to pay the admission & course fees fixed by the Institution according to their facilities within the academic year. This renders a great help to the parents of students who belong to the financially backward classes, due to which such students are able to cope up and take admissions and continue their studies without having any concern about the financial burden which results in a few drop-outs. This has been proven through the admission slots being filled in all the three courses to the maximum.
The Government of Karnataka has introduced various schemes for students wherein many deserving students belonging to Minorities, SC/ST and Other Backward Classes (OBC’s), are provided monetary benefits to pursue their education. For obtaining these scholarships from the different Government Departments & private organizations, The Institution is providing all possible assistance like getting applications and submitting the filled-in applications to the concerned within the stipulated date and also follow-up till the final approval of the scholarships to the students.
The Institution has all the amenities required for the differently-abled students. Wide stair cases with railings by which physically challenged students can climb to other floors without anybody’s help. The Institution staff members are also assigned for their support and also to make them on par with other students. Class representatives lend a helping hand to differently-abled students. As a policy during examinations Differently abled students are accommodated at the ground floor to make them comfortable. The Institution provides equal opportunity to differently abled students in curricular and co-curricular activities on par with other students. The Institution guides, encourages & assists the differently abled students to avail the benefits from state and central government in the form of scholarships. Awareness is being created among such students to avail such benefits and continue their higher education.
The Institution has a policy of “First Come First Serve” for admissions. But, 25% of the seats are reserved for women, wherein we have admitted around 40% of girl students.
Relaxation to attend the classes while participating in various sports activities representing the Institution / University, travel & food / refreshment expenses, medical expenses in case of injury during participation in sports, if any, and other benefits are given to those students who have won / participated in competitions at State/National Level. Special classes are conducted for such students to cover up the syllabus.
Students from disadvantaged community (SC/ST/OBC):
The Institution adheres to the reservation policy of the Government and as per the norms of the Bangalore University. Financial Assistance is provided to SC/ST, OBC, Minorities, differently abled and meritorious students by the Management.
The Institution has 24x7 security guards. One security staff is stationed near the vehicle parking area where vehicles of staff and students are parked. The other Security staff is stationed at the entrance of the College for security check and to keep a vigil on all those who come in and leave the Institution.
Emergency Medical Kit is made available to students and staff to meet any First Aid treatment on the campus. Off the Campus, the Institution with many reputed hospitals in the vicinity of the Institution makes necessary arrangements for the treatment of the staff or the student & seeks medical help from any hospital during emergencies at the shortest possible time. Moreover Church of South India Hospital (CSI Hospital) is at distance of within 100 mtr’s from the Institution & it is well equipped with maximum facilities to meet emergencies. Also, the staff of the Institution has been provided the Employees State Insurance facility through which the staff and their families can avail treatment free of cost.